Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki Firebreath

Winslow Yerxa wrote:
<Yes it's a public forum and everyone has the right to say what they
<want.
<
<But I don't see people trumpeting to the world that - gasp! - a reed
<failed! - every time it happens. It's not earth shattering news.
<
<But let's say it *is* earth shattering news. That means that it's so
<unusual that it may not be typical of the product and warrants the
<manufacturer's attention.
<
<Sure, you can say what you want when you want. But if this is such an
<unusual occurrence, then the fair thing to do is talk to the
<manufacturer first, then report both that and the result of the
<exchange to the list.

Thanks for your comments, Winslow. In general, I couldn't disagree more.

I have no idea what your comment about "the fair thing to do" means, except perhaps that it means it's fair to spread happy talk about a new instrument widely, and unfair to report failures to anyone but the manufacturer.  Like I said: I couldn't disagree more.

In my opinion, when a new-model harp that costs $51 and change fails after relatively slight use, it's worth reporting to a collection of 1000+ people who may be considering the instrument for personal use.  If several such reports surface on this list, that will be very useful information to those potential buyers. If no such reports besides mine surface, that's also useful.

Thanks for the manufacturer's contact info.  I will report the failure to the manufacturer.  If I hear something interesting from the manufacturer, I'll advise this list.

In the meantime, as per my previous posts, I will continue to report on my experiences with these instruments.  Fully.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com