[Harp-L] Re: 7. Mister Satan's Apprentice (billhines4@comcast.net)

I can't begin to tell you how many copies of Mr. Satan's Apprentice I've
bought for friends and family.  It's quite possibly my favorite book of all
time. It's exceptionally well written, and it's a huge page turner even if
you're not a harmonica player, but the harp content is spectacular as well.
Adam's discussion of his experience as a white player in a historically
black genre should be required reading for anyone going through similar
"fish out of water" type experiences.

Off topic a bit, I've landed in Chicago, where I'll be for three years. It
came down to Boston or Chitown, and Sweet Home won out on account of the
superior blues harp options. I'm looking forward to meeting some local
Harp-L'ers and soaking up some good blues!

Cheers,

Evan Meagher
www.havebatwilltravel.com