[Harp-L] Re. Mike Fugazzi's post on Butterfield's Band

Re. Mike Fugazzi & Paul Butterfield

In regard to Butterfield - young Mike Fuggazi states in his post ­
³it appears his backup bands are always top notch.²

The early version of the Butterfield Band featured a rhythm section composed
of Sam Lay & Jerome Arnold, and guitarists Mike Bloomfield and Elvin Bishop.
Musicians of that calibre could hardly be called ³backup bands².

Butterfield¹s bands were staffed by remarkable musicians at the top of their
form - players who contributed mightily to the group¹s final sound. I saw
Butterfield scores of times and the band(s) always played as well-oiled and
inspired units.

The band created a powerful sonic wave which Butterfield rode in a masterly
way - no showboating or excruciating extended solos, including Mr.
Butterfield himself.

I was glad someone else posted that Butterfield could sing ­ I don¹t often
hear that ­ and man could he. That boy could make statues weep.

Respectfully
Wader