RE: [Harp-L] Practicing fast harp runs

I'd like to work on increasing my speed on the harmonica. Anyone have any suggestions for riffs or practice runs to increase speed? Of course the blues scale up and down the harp is good and I already work that. Some triplets too. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jim McBride

Whilst I'm probably not being overly helpful to the blues harmonica community, anyone wanting to practise smoothing out their huffing and puffing in fast playing with good use of the diaphragm could do worse than learn to play in first position the two Irish hornpipes "Harvest Home" and, even better, "The Belfast Hornpipe." No cheating by leaving out notes, mind!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm