Re: [Harp-L] Getting Good and Getting Even Better

thanks for that article. While it was very interesting to read I think they are off base on a few things.  There is a difference in being good and being a genius at something.  Some of the people they used as comparison markers were geniuses. Original geniuses in the sense those mentioned were often the most successful, highly regarded and the ones that set the bar in their field. Normal humans simply can't acheive that level of greatness. Why? Well I think it has to do with brain disorder.

I have meet several "genius" and the one thing in common that I have noticed is a penchant for obsessive behavior, low self esteem, lack of social skills, lack of a thought to mouth filtering system, wide range of emotions. In short these people most likely need to be on medication of some sort.

Being good takes work but being a genius, monster, savant etc... takes being nuts.