From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Michael Rubin
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 2:30 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Hello, I'm returning to harp-l

Hey,
  After a few years off I'm returning to the list.  I really enjoyed meeting
everyone or remeeting you at SPAH and I thought I'd give harp-l another try.

  My latest explorations in harp include:
  A bass harp.
  A jazz duo.  The guitarist plays chromatic harp but is not a pro yet.  He
is however much more advanced than I in jazz theory so we've been trading
lessons.
  An effects box with multiple effects.  It's the Yamaha Magic Stomp.
  A funk band.
  I am continuing with my reggae band Mr. Brown and working a side band with
Sick, fiddle player from the Asylum Street Spankers.  The tunes have both a
swinging and a rocking feel.
  I am working on my "yo-yo" or jaw vibrato.  I have always had a good one,
but I want to improve it.
  On the side I am still working on Mandolin.  I also am learning harp by
teaching both privately and at UT.
  Check out my next email for the question I can't seem to get answered.
  Thanks,
  Michael Rubin
  Michaelrubinharmonica.com