[Harp-L] Gear lust

I have been reading the specs for the new Digitech RP350 pedal, the successor to the RP series that includes the RP100/200/300/400.

The list of amps and effects modeled in this device is mindblowing. It includes harp classics like the '59 Bassman (with two different cab models, 2x12 and 4x10), a '57 tweed Champ, the Boss DM-2 delay, an Echoplex delay, and a lot of other classic stomp boxes. The reverbs are apparently much upgraded from the original RP series, too. (Not coincidentally, Digitech bought Lexicon in the intervening years.) It's a lot of bang for $200.

I have not experienced such acute, nearly drooling gear lust in a while. I am certain to buy one of these things when they become available in late October, and will report on it at that time.

By the way, this is not to say that my RP200 is suddenly useless. It still sounds great, and it's still the first thing I load for a gig. But when you're talking about chip-driven gear, it's worth looking at the new stuff every 3-5 years.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com