[Harp-L] Suzuki Firebreath update

I wrote a few weeks ago to advise that my Suzuki Firebreath in C had packed up and quit (with a reed failure) after relatively light use.

I contacted Suzuki customer support today, and was given an RA# with an offer to either replace or repair the harp. I intend to replace it, given that I've heard from various sources that the initial run of harps has been replaced with a version that has longer reed slots.

It's always nice when a manufacturer stands behind the product. It's especially nice in this case because the Fire Breath really is a very good-sounding instrument. A relatively minor quibble: the paint that names the harmonica model on the top cover plate is wearing out. The black on the cover plate is apparently anodized, and is doing fine.

I will advise on my next set of adventures with the replacement.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com