Subject: [Harp-L] Sterilize a Harp?

Sam Berry writes:

"How can I sterilize a harp, without harming its play?  I found  an old
chromatic at an antique place, and think I better make it safe to  play.
thanks, SGB"

...Sam, there's no question you have to clean it before putting it to  your
mouth.  You've no idea where it's been, or who it's been  with....   :)

I've written a looooong post a year or so ago about my own personal  "ritual"
on just how I clean/sterilize my chromatics, which was a  follow-up to Jason
Ricci's "Sexy Rocker's OCD Ritual" post about how he  cleaned his
harps.....you might want to check the archives.  They  both involve dismantling
fully....using 91% Rubbing Alcohol.

..If you really can't find them, then I'll try to list the steps  involved
again....but there are places where you can print out step by  step directions
on how to do it as well.  "G"'s site comes to  mind....Pat Missin as well...

Far more professional people than I  am have listed their methods, but I'm
pretty happy feeling  I've really cleaned, sterilized and polished the Ebay
bought chromatics  I've acquired in the last couple of years....

Elizabeth