[Harp-L] Gear lust - Part Two

I wrote:
> It used to take me three times as long to set up as anyone
> in the band, even the drummer

Last night, I wheeled in my rack case and speaker cabinet (as well
as two harp cases, an accessories bag, an amp stand, a folding
stool, and my book of charts), popped off the case covers, plugged
the rack into the speaker cabinet and the wall, and was ready to
play.  While the guitarist was unwinding guitar cords and the
drummer was fiddling with attaching a pesky pedal to a bass drum, I
was sitting back, enjoying a pre-gig beer...

Okay, really I was slinging PA speakers onto stands, running cables,
adjusting the microphone channels, etc.  But I wasn't crawling
around on the floor running guitar cords between effects, trying to
remember how everything wired together.  And I used everything but
the harmonizer.

At one point in the gig, the owner's wife walked up and asked, "That
is harmonica, right?  How do you make it sound like that?"  I
pointed with pride to my case of electronics.  "Beautiful..." she
murmured as she walked away.

Priceless.

-tim