RE: [Harp-L] S.P.A.H. and an underappreciated player

As a grateful guest of Joe Filsko and with Buzz Krantz as my tour guide, I
was also in that room at the Old Town School that night.  Mick is right on
here.  Jim Liban is truly a genius and a humble genius at that.

He played various smatterings blues, rock, funk and jazz with taste and
zest.  He testified to his humble beginnings and then proceeded to turn us
on our ears.

As one of the many people in that room who begged him to make the effort to
come to the convention (I heard some positive noises from Jim on that), I
hope the powers-that-be at SPAH are taking note.

Thanks to Joe for getting him into our midst and to others who will lend the
encouragement to get him to our convention in Milwaukee.

Buzz is correct - everyone should have this opportunity.

Mark Russillo
a.k.a The Rhode Island Kid