Re: [Harp-L] King Biscuit Boy and tongue blockin'

YES!!     Yes!!!    yeS!!!! I haven't heard any King Biscuit Boy since
probably 1979. Can anybody give me any history on Richard Newell, is he still
alive and rippin'? His album Good Un's helped me learn. I played around with the
album after that one, (it had "Hand Jive" on it using a chromatic I think,
'least that's how I played it), but that one in the burlap bag helped me out big
 time. I think maybe it was the first time I ever tongue blocked, which by
the way I've been meaning to say something about. I keep seeing posts about
using either tongue blocking or the pucker style and which one is best. Why not
use both? That's what I do, whichever technique gets the job done easiest is
the  one I use. I don't bend using the tongue block method 'cause it's so much
easier  for me to bend with the pucker thing, but there are just some things
that I play  on the harp that have to be tongue blocked. OOOhhh yea, I use the
BiscuitBoy  name because it is steeped in so much tradition concerning the
blues, but I am  in no way the King
    Proudly......BiscuitBoy Blues
                        Randy

In a message dated 3/31/2007 9:18:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,