Re: [Harp-L] Paddy Richter

Don Atkinson wrote:
> I want to make myself a Paddy Richter harp in G using
> Lee Oskar reed plates. I will use the blow reed plate
> from a Melody Maker in D and the draw reeds from a
> Major Datonic in G. Does anyone know if the G reeds
> should be high G?

First of all, you should use the *blow plate* from the standard
tuned harp (major diatonic) and the *draw plate* from melody maker
tuned harp.  Since the Melody Maker harp is labeled in its second
position key, the tuning is based on G harp.  The G harp they use
the "standard" tuning, not high.  So using the blow plate from a Lee
Oskar standard G Major Diatonic and the draw plate from a Lee Oskar
D Melody Maker will make a paddy richter.

Or you could just take a standard tuning and raise the 3 blow a
wholetone ;-)

-tim