[Harp-L] Music Biz

I'd be the last to say that there are no problems with the music biz and ethics. Having said that, have these guys ever heard of taking responsibility for your actions?

How many managers did they go through?

How many times did they leave because they "hated" their current managers? Never a good idea to let emotions color your business judgment.

I think that it is very rare to find someone who has both the musical creative talent and also at least some business sense. I also know there are a fair amount of unscrupulous people in the music business, but these guys came of as very naive, even after they had some experience, and too willing to give up any responsibility for what happened to them.

For full disclosure, I am a lawyer who has done some work at the edges of the business and still work for a music company. I hope to make music law my full time practice and am aware of the challenges, both competitive and ethical, before me.

P.S.

To Richard Hunter: If by chance you read this, I would love to hear from you. I know it's been a long time, but I'd love to hear from you, drop me an email if you have the time or the inclination.

Interest Rates Fall Again! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new payment http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18679&moid=7581