Re2: [Harp-L] FX Pedals Through PA

Well, there is a nice piece of equipment I use that costs about 70
bucks (US) called the ART V3.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ART-Tube-MP-Studio-V3-Mic-Preamp?sku=180610

It provides tube distortion from a built in 12AX7, and can be 'voiced'
in a few different ways. A pretty versitile box, as it has 1/4"
in/out, and XLR in/out. It's a Direct Inject box too (a D.I. box)  -
what it will give you is tube warmth (distortion) going straght into
the house... PA... the other day, I used it going into my 35w head
(into a 212 cab) then slaved off a Champ from the XLR using one of
those 'illegal' cables that goes from XLR to 1/4. I do use it in my
sound chain now - b/c some gigs the 35w head will be too loud to get
the distortion up to my liking, and the V3 acts like an attenuator in
this regard. I can tube soak the heck out of the signal before it gets
to my 35w head... and I can get the big amp to sound nice and crunchy
like a small 5w amp does.

Anyway, I have had it for a month or so now, and I find it to be well
worth the money - HOWEVER - you may not need the box with all the
'voicings' and ART makes a more practical unit that would do the same
thing.

It's the ART MP
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ART-Tube-MP-Professional-Mic-PreampProcessor?sku=484020

Less than 50 bucks - but will do for what you described. Anyway, your
milage may vary.