[Harp-L] Vonnegut / harp

Dave drfertig@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Read everything - anything - Kurt Vonnegut wrote and he will
> take you on a ride through his peculiarly American yet
> globally human universe, where he played his own sort of
> improvisational, heartfelt blues.
>
> A down-to-earth fantasist, indeed.  And so it goes.

I first read a Kurt Vonnegut book 38 years go. About the same time I listened to a Little Walter record for the first time and was impressed by both. In some way the writing of Vonnegut and blues harp seem to attract the same people. Might be that this is coincidence but as Dave mentioned, Kurt was a bluesman in his own way.

Harri