Re: [Harp-L] Live Music Scene Reality Check

Hurricane, my brother,

Once again you say it all and say it well. The live music scene will be good and be bad, people, especially the "young'uns" will be interested and not be interested, but there will always be people looking to be there in person to see real music performed by real musicians. Natural selection will prevail, and all the "artists" who aren't will quit and go back to playin' on the back porch, and all those who play because they have to will keep on playing to one person or 50,000.

keep the faith, baby,

maurice

Hurricane Ramón wrote:
Hurricane sez :

O . K . Wind baggers .........

Never has it been easy for a musician , not yesterday , not now , not tomorrow . It will not change

- - But - -

Buck up , just read about the lives of Bessie Smith and others like her .

Men like Bix Biederbecke ,

The musical lane is covered replete with the bodies of musicians . Even when the few who do make have it no less problematic .

Hendrix

Little Walter

Keith Moon

Do I need to go on ..

And this thread needs to die too .

Toughen up yer hides and no more whiners !

Personally I see Blue Skys up ahead for music in general , no time for the timid , got to bust yer butt out there to nail down a gig .

Competition ,

It's the name of the game , no matter where ya play it it's always the same .

Winners fail too but constantly work at it and whiners loooose and whine all the time about it .

Ruth Brown told me ,

Quote :

" When something bad happens to you and really gets you down and you feel like life's not worth it and maybe I should give up and quit , that's when you have to take that { moment's } bad energy and " USE " it to direct your self towards an attack that will get you the results your after " .

She said she lived by this creed .

Read about her & Bessie then write about the

" DEATH OF lIVE MUSIC " .

It's a jungle out der and always was and will be !

Danger Danger young Will Harpmanson .. . be verwy verwy cawwweful .

And please those who are at home reading this and wondering out loud :

" Hmmmmmmmmmmm maybe I could do this " :

Disclaimer :

READ FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY .........

If regection gets to you - - - -

...........don't try to do this at home !

Only trrrrrrrained pwofessional stunt junkies can do this stuff and not die heh heh heh heh !

IN closing :

When it gets down to it , ya gotta luv it an dats dats ,

forget about the money & the whinin ,

it will come ( money if ya got the talent and dedication )in time if you stick to and have what it takes .

It's a crap shoot at best , now pal , do you feel lucky ?

Didn't intend on beating anyone up here , but , it's a dirty job .

Rest in peace Pal Delay , one of the hardest working men I ever heard blow a harp .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramon

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx