To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:21 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Stainless steel reeds - do they sound different? Some data

Bertram Becher of Seydel sent me an interesting link:

http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=211764

He recorded two otherwise identical harps, one with stainless reeds and
one with brass reeds, then ran a frequency analysis on each. There are
differences that are both audible on the recordings and visible in the
frequency graph.

Winslow