[Harp-L] Cross Harp

On 4/23/07, Bob Laughlin <rlaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Contrary to what has been said here, none of my Hohner Pros have had "bad
reeds" or been out of tune from the box. I did have one Hohner "Cross Harp"
that was not in the key it was designated to be on the harp. These harps are
advertised as being in the key, cross harp, that they are named,,so an "A"
harp should play, cross harp, in the key of "A", etc. This one wasn't,

Hi Bob,

Cross Harps are, just as any other Hohner Diatonic, labeled in the key
of the first note blow, that is, first position. The name Cross Harp
is a catchy name and does not have anything to do with the key
labelling. But sure, I had never thought it this way, this can be
confusing and it seems reasonable to expect the Cross Harp to be
labeled in the Cross Harp key, not in first position.
Cheers,
Fernando