[Harp-L] Sonny Junior amp

I forgot to mention that when I sat in at the Redwood City jam session last night, frequent Harp-L contributor Greg Heuman let me use his rig--specifically, one of his handmade wooden "bullet" style mics with CM element, and his Sonny Junior amp.

This is the first time I've played through either of these instruments, and they sure were nice.  The mic was very lightweight compared to my Astatic JT30, with a similar sound, and felt great in my hands.  The SJ amp cut very, very well with just enough sweet distortion to put an edge on the sound, sounded great with both low and high F harps, and had a very potent feeling of power in reserve.  The sound was great for either rock or blues.

Nice gear.

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com
latest mp3s at http://www.broadjam.com/rhunter