Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Looking for new inspiration

Not's quite right... I definately use them but I don't play in positions there they stick out.  These days, I'm more about the *music* then the *technique* I never use them for the sake of just playing them. If I need a note I don't hesitate to get it regardless if it's a bend or ob etc.

Music matters more then technique which is why there will always more people that dig a down home walter horton blues vs a howard levy down home blues.

You'll never me play something because I can like playing something in Eb on a C harp. You will never hear me play something like oh susana in anything other than 1st because that's what sounds best.  You won't hear much F# on C harp unless it's arabic music because then it sounds cool other wise it sounds like crap.

There is not a single player on the planet that sounds GOOD through all twelve keys on one harp. I think it's an exercise in arrogance to think you can play anything in any key on one harmonica and sound GOOD.  Howard Levy is the closest to truly walking through the door to what I call the twelve tone demension.

Absolutely beautiful music can be made on this gem of an instrument in any position as long is it is done appropriately...