  Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:53:38 -0700
From: Special20 <special20harp@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Cheap Tube Pre-Amps
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

  I use the Presonus TubePre, another low-cost tube preamp, and after
replacing the cheap no-name 12AX7 tube with a JJ Tesla I am very happy
 with
it.  I use it for all kinds of recording chores; mostly warming up
 vocal and
instrument mics.  I don't use it as a DI into the board while
 performing,
however.  I prefer to mic my Champ.

-Spec20

On 8/3/07, Jonathan Metts <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just saw this deal in an email from Musician's Friend.  (No
> association.)
> Since this device has been discussed quite a bit on Harp-L, I thought
 some
> of you might be interested in it.  They are selling the ART Tube
 Pre-Amp

 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ART-Tube-MP-Studio-Mic-Preamp?sku=180581&src=3NL7H2