[Harp-L] Sonny Jr. "Cruncher" Visit!

Hey Fellow Harpaholics,

Yesterday I had the wonderful pleasure of spending a few hours with Gary aka Sonny Jr. at his "mad tone laboratory" in Hamden, CT. I am on my way up to play in a golf tournament in Massachusetts and I could not resist making an appointment to try out the new "Cruncher" amp as I was passing by :-).

Let me start off by saying that Gary looks maaaaaaaaaaaaaavelous! He seems to be getting stronger and stronger with each surgery. He is in great shape & spirits! Nothing is gonna keep this man down. He has some awesome plans ahead of him and next year will be "his year" I am sure. Between the new amp, his recording and his seminars he will have a full plate. As always it's the harmonica world that will get to eat it all up! A special guy with incredible life experience along side one of the masters of the harp, Sonny Terry. Sonny Jr. has his own "brand" of harp sound that is a result of lots of hard work and technical expertise. Great stuff indeed!!!!

Now as far as the new "finalized" Cruncher configuration. Tone-a-rific Batman!!!!! This monster growls as loud and as bad as my 4-10 only it is much easier on the body when it comes to lugging it around (compared to my 4-10). About 20% lighter and now with a line out! The usual Sonny Jr. level of quality just makes this another gem in his product line. As pretty on the eyes as it is on the ears!

I placed my order for one and Sonny says they should be ready to ship within a few months. I am gonna love owning this amp as I surge forward in my harmonica journey. I love my 4-10 but it's sad to say that it has had very little playing time over the last 2 years. The size of the Cruncher makes it much more user friendly for ANY gigging situations. It looks like I may be in line to get lucky #13 for a serial number here in early production. Gotta love it!

Sooooooooo, any of y'all thinking about buying a new amp that will take you around the world and back I would consider the CRUNCHER by Sonny Jr Ventures. First Class all the way baby.

Warren Bee (teeing off in a few hours!) (fore!!!!)