Re: Re: [Harp-L] Name That Tume.... Please/Harp in Western swing

I second that for Norton Buffalo.  Asleep at the Wheel had John Nicholas - they are still a good choice for Western Swing.  I suggest the Album "Served Live" is right up there with "We got a Live One Here," which, by the way has the best version of Smoke Smoke Smoke I have ever heard.

  In general, little harp makes those old Bob Wills tunes shine brighter!

  Mark Russillo
  a.k.a. The Rhode Island Kid

Garry Hodgson <garry@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  "Rick Dempster" wrote:

> Chances are that putting a harmonica in an 'authentic
> western swing band' means that no-one will think it is 'authentic
> western swing' anymore.

can't vouch for authenticity, but norton buffalo played some great harp
with commander cody on "we've got a live one here".

----
Garry Hodgson, Senior Software Geek, AT&T CSO

nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something.
do something.