[Harp-L] signifyin monkey

. . . . just had to jump in on this signifyin.
Two things, just last week I was speaking with a
friend and I raised the question,"just what the heck
does signifyin mean"? We didn't know but I always
thought it meant jive talking, which brings me to
number two.
My older brother use to do the "Signifyin Monkey" word
for word, when we were kids. It's a little long and a
few years ago, out of the blue while at Christmas with
the family I asked my Brother if he still remembered
"The Signifyin Monkey"? He said sure and then belted
it out,
very funny with his delivery and I think I'll try to
get the words from him. Yes it's about a monkey talkin
jive to a lion. Will do a search now.
Reach

http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC