Re: [Harp-L] signifyin monkey

In a message dated 8/6/2007 3:03:12 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
imreach@xxxxxxxxx writes:

My older  brother use to do the "Signifyin Monkey" word
for word, when we were kids.  It's a little long and a
few years ago, out of the blue while at Christmas  with
the family I asked my Brother if he still remembered
"The Signifyin  Monkey"? He said sure and then belted
it out,

I used to do it too. In my version the monkey is playin'  a Bflat harp in 3rd
position in between verses (harp content) It starts out  with

                Way down in the jungle deep
                The bad A*& lion steped on the signifyin' monkey's feet

          The rest of it is  too blue to repeat here but it is hilarious IMHO