Re: [Harp-L] Shure 540S

David Dix wrote:

On another matter, why am I unable to directly post or reply to harp-l? If i click the "reply" button (or just click "post") the address defaults to harp-l-archive-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and I cannot overwrite it. The only way i can message Harp-l is by going into my own email account and addressing harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx myself....

This is correct. No direct posting from the yahoo group but you can use forward instead of reply and then type in the harp-l address, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx The caveat there is you'll need to make sure your yahoo group address matches an address that is subscribed to the real harp-l group. www.harp-l.org to subscribe. Remember that you can set the account at harp-l to nomail once you've subscribed the address.

You can directly post from the harp-l google group, same caveat. The 2 addresses must be in sync. Nobody can just post to harp-l without a subscribed address. It's how we keep the spam out. In the case of google and yahoo groups we don't have an easy way of synching the addresses so you'll have to do this yourself if you want posting privileges here at the real harp-l.

Remember the google and yahoo groups just mirror the harp-l content. They are what are called archive groups. Another plus of the google groups is it allows file uploads. You can upload files to share as long as you belong to the google group. I can't turn that feature on at the yahoo group because they don't allow member uploads in an archive group. They also don't allow mp3's or music files in general. Text and pictures plus you surrender your rights to the content if you upload to yahoo. Not so with the google group. fjm