Re: [Harp-L] Bizarre tunings for diddley music

Rob -

These both look like cool solutions. Perfectly achievable starting with
a solo-tuned instrument in C.

The chords are not totally weird, either, aside from a few "avoid"
combinations.

On the first tuning, your blow notes give you C major (but avoid the
C#). You also have C# diminished (or A7 without the A) if you avoid the
C-natural. In the draw notes you have a chord that can be D major,
Dmajor6, B minor, or B minor 7. Chordally this tuning favors D more
than G because you have a complete D major chord but not a full G chord
(though you do have fragments).

The second tuning has D7 in the blow chord while in the draw you have
Eminor6, or C#m7b5 (half-diminished), but again no complete G chord.
Again, these chords are serviceable for D major, D mixolydian, and E
dorian more than they are for G.

Winslow