[Harp-L] re: in tune

I was right. The song was in A minor. My problem was my 3rd position skills. I worked at it and nailed it this afternoon.

As an aside I want to thank Jason for his posts on harp-l insisting I learn 3rd position. At the time I argued that a minor tuned harp was easier and better but there is a sound and a feel to 3rd position that is very cool. With this particular song, 3rd was what was needed. I will post it plus this other insane song I wrote the other day as soon as I can figure out how to make mp3s.

As another aside: the quote from Paul Butterfield about the difficulty of playing the melody is right on. Once I figured out the melody (I followed the bassline) then I could relax and riff off of it. Part of my problem with the tune was that I don't have any established riffs in 3rd yet because I'm just learning it.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm