Re: [Harp-L] "signifyin"

Thanks, Reach, but all that signifyin' ain't about
nuthin'

Yeah, I grew up in Detroit (back in the day) and
had a lot of black friends. I learned about
"playin' the dozens" the hard way... mostly by be
playing dumb whitey until I learned how to hold my
own. "You throw that fooball almost as well as my
grandad... and he's been dead for 5 years."

It was all a form of boasting and taken in fun...
that is until the subject of someone's mama was
played. Then it got serious real fast.

Harp content: I got more than a dozen harps and
none of them been run over by no truck, and I can
play em' better than you can play the dozens.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.