[Harp-L] SmoJoe's "Summertime" and H. Levy's "Amazing Grace"

   'Bout time somebody posted a Joe Leone performance.  Ton of technique and
the soul of a gypsy.  We're lucky to have him show up at S.P.A.H. every year
free of charge.  Harmonica playing aside, just a great cat to hang out with.
   What Father Michael Pfleger has done at St. Sabina is one of the most
inspirational stories of recent years.  It speaks well of Howard Levy that
he was performing at that church for those folks.  I doubt if there was any
money involved.  A lovely, emotion-packed performance of the tune.  For me,
Howard is always a pleasure to listen to.  It's a shame that no one ever had
the vision and bucks to put him, Charlie Leighton, and Toots together in a
studio with a New York rhythm section for a jazz session.

Mick Zaklan