[Harp-L] Trumpet Mutes

This is probably a bit "out there," but I am in the process of recording an album with my band and have been thinking about some creative tone alternatives.? I've tried the "water glass" as a means to alter my tone with some success.? But, I have been thinking lately about the cool jazz tone of certain muted trumpets.

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to use a trumpet mute with a harmonica?? Granted, it could be a bit odd to hold (I'm not talking about the "toilet plunger" ones, but rather the mutes that are inserted into the trumpet), but would it work?? Trumpet players force air through them, I have no idea if they would work having air "inhaled" through them or not.? I just thought it might be cool, if it would even work.

Any thoughts?

Wayne