[Harp-L] Surprise Harp pullers

>From Michael Rubin: "So, besides the obvious Dylan and Young crowd, who  have
you seen surprise the audience by pulling out a harp for one  tune?"

Well there's Springsteen and Tom Petty and those guys, but never really a
suprise, either for doing it or for the level of the playing  itself...

I'm very impressed with Clint Black's harp skills. I first heard Clint play
on the Red White and Blues CD, I think, that paired country or country-ish
players with R&B artists (like Lyle Lovett with Al Green, a beautiful thing  in
itself). Black did Aretha's Chain of Fools with the Pointer Sisters. He's
good.
Then of course there's Charlie Baty, whose original instrument was harp,
giving Rick Estrin a (somewhat) run for the money.
Oh yeah, and then there's this guy Jason Ricci, rough-voiced singer for New
Blood. Who'da thought the guy could play a little harmonica?

Jeff Gathercole
Denver CO