[Harp-L] HarpMaster vs Delta Frost, was Bushuki vs. Suzman (was Suzuki Harps and Reed Material)

"Re a break in period, it has been stated many times  on this list that this is a myth.  It's said that metal doesn't work  that way, and that harps don't require a break-in period.  "

I don't remember seeing that particular debate.  I would have agreed with the no "break-in" theory before I started purchasing Seydel Sessions.  The four or so I own came to me gapped really tight.  I don't know if that is good or bad, or what someone would call breaking in.  But the gap did tend to loosen/widen after some playing, a first and only experience for me.
"Re  tunings, what do you mean by "top dead center" - consistency?"

If you get a Lee Oskar Melody Maker tuned to equal temperament, how close does it come to equal temperament out of the box?
If you get a Seydel Session tuned to Just Intonation, how close is it to just intonation out of the box?
How close are your harps to their intended tunings out of the box.

  "Lastly, for archival purposes, I suggest we title our  posts with something
that can be looked up at a future date in the  archives."

Good point.  See above.

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/