RE: [Harp-L] Bluegrass Harmonica

mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
"... A cool idea, even if you haven't comitted the obigatory 20 or so
bluegrass songs to memory, is to "bluegrassify" tunes you already know. Some
well-known, even over-played 1st position tunes can become superb bluegrass
tunes that way. Speed up your best "Shenandoah" to a bluegrass rhythm and
get the other players going with you, and you're in like Flint."

I'm not sure I can get my head around a quicktime Shenandoah or not, but
Michelle's excellent suggestion of "bluegrassifying" familiar tunes reminded
me of the novelty act from a few years ago called "Run C&W".

They took old R&B, soul, and blues standards and bluegrassifyed them to the
hilt.  Their bluegrass versions of "I Feel Good" and "Stop in the Name of
Love" was worth the price of the 1st album.  And my favorite
bluegrassification of all time is the "Hey Joe" by Jerry Douglas.

Harp Content - not sure this really helps if you can't play 32nd notes, but
it can't hurt.

Fred S