[Harp-L] why can't I bend?

I have been playing 10 months. I have been trying to bend for 4 months. I've taped holes, tried pucker and tongue block bends. I've read everything, listened to actual bends and pushed my tongue, throat and jaw through every contortion possible. Net result is a little bend sometimes... but not even a half a note. I can't even get the proper sound when tilting the harp.

I think some air is traveling around my tongue instead of over it. This might be the reason I only get a baby bend. With the excpetion of a tongue transplant, anybody have any gems i can try or similar experience that has not already been shared? Should I surrender or dig in for the long battle?

Steve