Re: [Harp-L] bluegrass harmonica

In a message dated 8/11/2007 1:04:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Captron100@xxxxxxx writes:

Bill  Monroe was said to be cantankerous person and quite the subjective
personality.  Who asked for his negative comment to PT Gazell that  the  harp
"ain't no bluegrass instrument"?

There are quite a lot of characters out there with strong close minded
opinions.

Remember how Larry Adler used to dismiss the diatonic harmonica - hating  the
sound of it? One of the highpoints in my life was when, after one of my
competition performances in Trossingen at the Hohner World Competition, he came
up to me, shook my hand and told me that he really enjoyed the sound of my
harmonica. My sound is different than most diatonic players, as I try to move as
far away from "harmonicky playing" as I can.

So, even someone with a closed mind and/or cantankerous personality can  have
an enlightening moment it seems.

The Iceman