[Harp-L] Jason Ricci SPAH Blowoff, directions, and

I'm looking forward to the pre-SPAH blowoff at the Highbury pub in
Milwaukee!

This starts EARLY on Tuesday evening. Be there by 7:00 if you want a
seat - the place is tiny. They don't seem to serve food, but the
hipster Cafe LuLu and the southern Mexican Xel-Ha restaurant are not
far away and the Bayview family restaurant is right next door - check
into the hotel in the afternoon, grab a bite near the Highbury, then
settle in for blues and brews at the Highbury.

(See below for directions form the SPAH hotel.)

Why arrive early?

Anyone who has seen PT Gazell or heard his CDs will want to make it for
his 7:15 show playing standards and swing in his own unique and tasty
style on half-valved diatonic. This is a man who was stalwart of the
Nashville recording scene for several years and is also a stellar
bluegrass player. He has his own backing band, so his set is guaranteed
to sizzle.
http://www.ptgazell.com/

Yours truly is next, backed by Jason's band. We'll have a strong act to
follow, so we'll be stirring it up, with a taste of the Spanish Tinge,
wild northern berries, extreme benders in a lakeside town, wayward
young women trying to be older, recalcitrant cars on rollercoaster
roads, and ambling up the old byways to hidden delights - all from my
family background and semi-misspent youth in the Canadian Rockies.
(I'll be playing chromatic, diatonic, XB-40, discrete comb, and maybe
other harps).
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/winslowyerxa (I'll be playing different
repertoire from this)

Next up is the triple threat Michael Peloquin on vocals, tenor sax, and
harmonica. A stalwart of the San Francisco scene, Michael brings smoke
and passion to everything he plays. Check out his CD, House of Cards.
http://harpsax.com/

The evening continues with the ever-tasteful and so-cool Dennis
Gruenling, this time going it alone without the vocals of Gina Fox. His
jazz-tinged jump-time chromatic and diatonic playing are not to be
missed.
http://www.dennisgruenling.com/

Finally we have that long-absent half of the enigmatic and
magnificently original duo Satan and Adam, soulful and delightful blues
memoirist, trickster coyote, and generous giver of Youtube lessons,
Adam Gussow. Adam hasn't been seen at SPAH for something like ten
years, and in the meantime has become a blues author of some repute
while continuing to play magnificent blues harmonica.
http://www.modernbluesharmonica.com/page/page/4463566.htm

In case anyone is wondering how to get there from the hotel, a map page
can be found at:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=sheraton+brookfield&near=Milwaukee,+WI&fb=1&cid=0,0,13767237066958305920&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=image

(you may need to paste that into a continuous line on your browser)

 or:

Start at the hotel:

375 S Moorland Rd
Brookfield, WI 53005

1.	Head south on S Moorland Rd 0.3 mi, 1 min
2.	Take the ramp onto I-94 E 11.3 mi, 14 mins
3.	Take exit 312B toward Lincoln Ave 0.5 mi, 1 min
4.	Turn left at W Becher St 0.5 mi, 3 mins
5.	Turn right at S Kinnickinnic Ave/WI-32 S 0.3 mi, 2 mins

End at the Highbury Pub:

2320 S Kinnickinnic Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53207

12.9 miles ? about 19 mins