[Harp-L] Bending, harp modification advice for a beginner

Hello,

A friend told me about Harp-L and I've enjoyed reading it.  I'm a
beginner-I've played about 10 months-I practice every day and learn from
a Jon Gindick CD and some on- line lessons.  I'd like some advice to
help me learn.

1:  I live in a small city, Columbia, MO.  How do I find a good teacher
(not just an accomplished player) other than just trying out anyone I
can find?

2:  I'm developing my bending skills and have some confidence but I find
it very challenging to play sustained bent notes especially in the low
keyed harps, A in particular.  It seems to take too much air.  My tone
is fair if I play quickly (and loud) but...  As an example, I practice
the harp part in Greg Lake's Watching Over You , in A, and there's a
sustained 3 draw bent that's beyond me.  I know I need to keep
practicing, improve my embouchure, air control etc.  But I also have
messed around with gapping and it has helped.  So, should I also try to
narrow the gaps or try some other modification to my A harp to make it
easier to play?  Any advice will be very welcome.

Thanks,

John