[Harp-L] Seydel 1847

Howdy-do Harpys
Due to the painful logistics of getting good harps and replacement parts, in
a timely manner, here on the south island of New Zealand, I took the plunge
and bought 4 Seydel 1847's. A harmonica with the supposedly blow-out
resistant stainless steel reeds and maple comb.  $85.USD a pop + shipping
which added up to over $500. Kiwi Dollars.

Beautiful looking, well crafted ( as far as I can tell ) , no metal
embossing anywhere near the lips, smoothly rounded maple comb, airtight,
nice spacing on the holes. Good weight and feel in the hand

All 10 holes are highly playable. No rattling on the lower or squeaking on
the higher. Chords well - full or split. Single notes, slurs, arpeggios,
etc. are easily and fluidly performed.

Sound: loud but a tiny bit less 'gnarly' than my favorite low-cost harp...
Bushman's Delta Frost. Louder and more growl than a Special 20. Almost as
loud as a Suzuki ProMaster but way more 'raunch' than the Suzuki.

Haven't had the 1847's long enough to tell if the reeds are as lasting as
advertised but last week's session with the boys was good - I need a little
more time to get the full feel of the 1847 but first impression is positive.

Kowabunga Y'all
Roger 'Wader' Boyce