To: "Wally Walters" <bigwalter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 2:47 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci's Blow-Off '07

I can second Wally's thoughts on the blow off. I was in heaven! What a night. I couldn't make SPAH but drove over to Milwaukee with two friends just for the blow off. I looked at the pictures and I am not in any but I think that is because I was sitting one seat away from Wally at the bar, too close for pics. That's funny. Had the opportunity to meet quite a few folks- Jason, Randy, Winslow, Adam, Dennis G., Roscoe, talked to LD's folks at the bar quite a bit, and a variety of others. Everyone was very friendly and energized. It was just great. Cheers. Jon

Wally Walters wrote:
The Highbury Pub in Milwaukee was Host to Jason Ricci's Blow-Off on Tuesday.

The joint was small and the crowd grew quickly. The night started with PT
Gazell- playing with his own band. It was a Sweet show. PT brought up Randy
Singer from the house. Jason and new blood performed between acts.
Next- was Winslow Yerxa. After 'training' the band and playing a nice mix
of tunes... he invited Michael Peloquin onstage to perform before Michael
began his own Act.
MP played a song with Jason.. then did his own thing (with some Sweet
Vocals). He, then, invited Roscoe (Maybe August) up to play... and, then,
we got another taste of the ageless Randy Singer.
Next was the fantastic Dennis Gruenling. Always a True Pleasure to Listen
to... Diatonic and Chromatic. Plus- His Van is taller than Jason's. Dennis
invited BUZZ up... and BK Sang-Up a STORM... a nice act, indeed!
So- Next was the Un-scheduled LD Miller. The 13 year old Speedster
Extraordinaire. It was Great Fun watching him answering Jason's bits with
quick Blasts of super harp. The kid seems to have been working on his
vocals, too... as he sang some real heartfelt stuff that, I doubt, anyone
could have expected. Hopefully- LD will keep singing.. and bring his great
harp chops down to Harp 'art'... saving that fast stuff for the non-harp
lovers (Popper fans). All-in-All... it was Great to witness LD in person.
His folks were VERY Good people, too. Great Family!
So... now comes the Real Headliner.. the Master of Busking and the Best
Video Harp Teacher Yet (keep working on it Jason)... Adam Gussow. What a
great guy to meet in person. As normal as one could want. What a SHOW.
Damn Fine Singer and a Harp Player's harp player. Like Pat Ramsey... Sweet,
Real Harp. Adam and Jason together made the perfect nightcap for a great
evening.

Now- these are just My Thoughts.  but- I TOOK PICTURES!:
http://spahvention.com/jrb07/

I'm ashamed to say that I knew hardly anyone there... If anyone can help me
identify any of the harp-L'ers that are in any of the many pictures of the
crowd.....

wally