Re: [Harp-L] Zoom H-2 field recording device

Garry Hodgson wrote:

> > http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1916&brandID=4
> <<it looks awful nice.  i'm not convinced i'd use the 360 degree recording
> much,
> but it might be fun to play with.

It makes it ideal though for those rehearsals where everyone sits in a
circle, which often is the case.

<<the 4 hour battery life is marginal for recording live concerts (i don't
> want to have
> to think about stuff like that at a show).

My main use would be at rehearsals, permitting use of the power adaptor.

<<the display looks tiny and cluttered.
> but i gather that's true of the H4, and people don't seem to object to it.

I do, but my eyesight is poor for all those small things - need my glasses
to use a cell phone.
Thanks for your perspective!