Marc Molino

From: randy singer <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] SPAH 2007 ideas Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 23:46:25 -0400

I have about 100 great photos from spah.

it would be a great idea if there were a central spah photo website page where ANYONE who has photos from any spah conventions could click on the year and upload their photos.

this way, other people could click on a link and view hundreds of photos from different people for the spah convention they attended.

ALSO------

thanks to everyone who attended for making spah 2007 a great success. Especially a big thanks to tom stryker, paul davies and all the volunteers who devoted much time and love. Also to JASON RICCI who was everywhere all the time and actually learned how to make music on the chord harmonica in two days!!!!!! His dedication is incredible. Thanks to buzz for his amazing blues jam (and electric blue pants), michael peloquin for his musicianship and enthusiasm, ron kalina for his expert piano playing, elizabeth for her heartfelt presence, pt gazelle for his kind and ferocious music, howard levy, allan holmes for his killer surprise version of round midnight, slim, jeffrey grossberg, smokey joe, charles sprankling, jim loehman, bob herndon, brendan power and everyone else who attended the jazz jam.

it was great to see so much jamming, and appreciation for all styles of music. Especially wonderful was the presence of several youngsters, (approximate age 15) who were playing with precision and maturity.

I would advocate that perhaps next year, we can do a youth concert on a thursday or friday night and showcase the young kids to encourage them to play and attend. They are our future.

BEST,

randy singer

http://www.randysinger.com

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.

~ Marcel Proust