Re: [Harp-L] Seydel vs. OTC harps

Guy;
        I would generally be happy with stock harps if I wasn't going
for the overbends. Good harps are where you find them, and as you
probably already know, you can get a great stock harp, or a really crook
one. If you can afford customs, go for it; if enough people buy customs
it might make them cheaper...maybe. If you can learn to make minor
adjustments yourself to fix a slightly wonky stock model, so much the
better.
RD

>>> "Guy Buxman" <gbuxman@xxxxxxxxx> 24/08/2007 12:46 >>>
Greetings fellow listers,
I've been playing Lee Oskar major diatonics almost exclusively and the
occasional Honer Blues Harp.  With all the discussions about premium
harps
from the likes of Seydel, Working Man's Harps, etc, I'm becoming
curious;  might an intermediate player discern much difference between
say,
a stock Lee Oskar and a Seydel Blues Session Standard?  If so, what
might I
expect to find?  I've always presumed that unless you're a heavy
overblower,
you don't need anything custom.

I think I'm finally curious enough to buy a set of Blues Sessions if
they'll
offer an advantage of my Lee Oskars.

The Seydel Blues Session Standards are very affordable at $27-$37,
while the
1847's go for $85.00 each (but they sure look beautiful!).  Is there a
significant difference in tone, action, longevity?

Thanks in advance!

- GB