[Harp-L] Modified Solo-Tuned Harp, Custom Built by Seydel

Hi all,

A little while ago I said that I was considering buying/building a
custom tuned harp to let me play in both G major and D major without
bends or buttons.  Well, I ended up deciding to go for it and ordered
a custom job from Seydel.

The spec is a Solist Pro 12, solo tuned, starting in the octave below
middle C, with the modification that F's were sharpened and one of
each pair of adjacent C's were also sharpened.  The idea being that I
could play in either D or G by selecting which C to use.

Anyway, this has now arrived.  It look less than 2 weeks from
requesting the quote to receiving the harp, and that is by
international post (Germany to UK).  The price was only about 12 Euro
more than a stock Pro 12.  Blinding service and decent price.

So this seems to be a very nice harp.  The tone is good, as is the
tuning, plus it looks and feels nice.  Just what I was after.  Of
course, I now need to learn how to play the beast properly -- all I
can do at the moment is play scales a bit slowly (I've not put much
time in yet) and occasionally hit a nasty C/C# discord, which is
probably the biggest disadvantage of this tuning.  Much practice now
required...

Cheers,
Rob