[Harp-L] middle of tongue wag

In a message dated 8/25/2007 7:35:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight  Time, michael
writes

Both Joe FIlisko and James Conway have shown me  this and tried to explain it
but I am confused.
Apparently, you play  an octave with the tip of your tongue.  You hold the
tip steady on the  harp.  The middle of your tongue wags left and right and you
get a cool  flutter.

Michael, interesting post, to me.  I never thought about it and am  trying
this method lately.
  Re your question earlier, yes, some of the tongue ability is
genetic......an inborn ability to put it another way.  I have a cousin that  could wag his
tongue faster than a snake's before he ever picked up a  harmonica for the
first time.  Needless to say, he immediately had a killer  tongue wagging warble.
 Me, I've been practicing it for 30 years, and I'm  not even close.  But the
tongue is a muscle, so there is hope (I keep  telling myself!).
ron