[Harp-L] Loud?

In a message dated 8/25/2007 7:35:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I got a  few off line comments from a guy who has the same problems with
chromatic that  I
do.......snip.......Another off line said that I should play scales 10-15
minutes a day to get accustomed to the notes.....snip........ I like to  tinker
with harmonicas, and chromatics are rather expensive to experiment on  without
guidance. .........Well, I'm off to scratch and think about how  I'm going to
tune a chromatic.

Dan, you getting off-list posts makes me think maybe our Harp-L community  is
being deprived of harp related posts, which is a shame.  I personally  know
of several people who don't post because they are dissuaded by  posters who's
posts are interpreted as contentious, hostile and/or  confrontational. Just the
other day, i myself got a response by one of our  posters who has been
knowledgeable and helpful in the past.  I try to  overlook it and assume he was just
trying to be funny, despite breaking the  rules about mandatory harp content,
etc.  I urge everybody to keep  posting.  We still have some very know
ledgeable pros here on Harp-L.   The list and archives are still very much alive and
well.
  Off my soapbox and re your problem - tho material on tuning  seems to me to
be an area the hasn't been covered as much as I'd like, the  newest version
of Rupert Oysler'' harp maintenance & repair CD's and  DVD's now cover
chromatics as well as diatonics, and should be a good start for  many.  For less than
the price of some harps, you can have a bunch of  insight on how to make your
harps play better.  Last i looked the DVD was  about $65.  His website is
harprepair.com.  He's a good guy, damn good  player, and a good harp customizer
too.
ron