Re: [Harp-L] Blues harp of choice?

You ask easy questions.

The one that would have me playing in the right key.

or

If you are asking, which make and model I would pick.
That's easy, too.

Whatever happens to be in my case.  Recently, that has
been Hohner Big River harps and straight out of the
box.

I will buy Hohner Marine Bands, any of the MS-series
harps or Golden Melodies.  I will play whatever is
inexpensive and playable.  I like the Hering 1923's,
too.

My concern is fitting into the groove and the mood of
the song and not sounding like a dork.  I'm not
concerned about what model of harp I have in my hand.

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jazmaan@..."
<dmf273@...> wrote:

> I'm probably opening up an endless thread here, but
I'm curious.  Say you're at a blues jam.
> You've got a nice sounding mic, nice sounding amp
and you're ready to wail on a good old Chicago
> style blues.   What off-the-shelf harp would you
reach for?  I know my own preference, but I'm