Re: [Harp-L] Blues at # 9 Bleeker Street (Yippie Museum)

Hey all, I've been asked to play another gig in  NYC at number 9 Bleeker St.
I did it around the first of May without much notice  before hand and had a
blast. I can pretty much set my own date on when I want to  do this within about
a month, quicker if I can pull it off. I'm asking here on  the list if
anybody in the area would like to come along and jam. I could sure  use somebody
that can play guitar 'cause last time I didn't get to play much  harp and frankly
I aint much of a guitar player. I can play, but it's just not  my ax of
choice. I play guitar on my originals to set the pace, but I'd like to  have
somebody along so that I can put in the harp leads that I have for my own  stuff. Of
course harp players, bass players, percussionist, keyboards are all  welcome
too. It's a small place with good acoustics and the volume level has to  be
pretty moderate. There is a small PA with 8 channels (I think) but no effects
and maybe 4 mics. I used a little bitty Crate amp last time and it was fine
until the loud drunk guitar player showed up. It'll be my originals that are
mostly blues oriented with funk thrown in and a few rock tunes and all of the
blues standards that we can think of. Your originals too. For that matter we
can  play any kind of style we want, I get to call the shots on that. I'll back
up  anybody that shows up. Paulie are you listening???? This could be a lot of
fun  if done right. Get back in touch with me if anybody is interested and we
can  work out the details. No money (yet) but this could work out to be a
semi  regular thing and if we can consistently pack the joint.........well you
know  the drill. I'm gonna try and record some of it on my Zoom 10 track. We can
get  together the afternoon of the jam and work out lead in and such.

      This a feeler to see what we have to work  with. I can and will do it
by myself, but it would be a lot of ballads and  it would bore the hell out of
me after a while. I'd much rather work as a  team with people. I'm a singer
but I'll sing harmony or just stay out of the way  for any and all other
singers. I just wants to have fun and get my stuff  out there. The dude that owns
this place is a very good friend of mine and  treats his guests well.

      Anybody up fer it?? More detail later, I  just was asked last night.

           Randy
        BiscuitBoy  Blues