Re: [Harp-L] The loud drunk guitar player

Well Dave I  think we have opened a can of worms on this, but I feel it must
be addressed.  How 'bout 714 Blues Ave.??? Haaa Heeee

    Back in the day before it became general knowledge how  to re-tube for
better sound there may have been something to that tone thing  comes with
volume. Not anymore. I think it's over compensation for feelings of  inferiority, or
people turn it up too much because of lack of skills. I know one  thing
though, every truly great guitar player I've ever played with had complete  control
of his volume. I've played with a few dudes that ended up making it  pretty
good and they just wanted the right mix, not a volume fight. This dude  was
telling me to turn up in the middle of the song and stuff. I waited till my
verse was over and yelled, "noooo man, you turn down...........he kept sayin'
Huhh? Huhh?.....What? He split before the last set and before he left he said to
me, "nobody's feelin' me mahn," I was like yea, but they sure nuff  hearin'
ya and it's pissin' 'em off. I may have to deal with him again........but I
have  a plan, a big stick, and a sound man.

     It's just a jam, but this time I'm runnin'  it.......(evil thoughts are
running rampant in my devious mind)

          Randy
       BiscuitBoy Blues

In a message dated 8/28/2007 1:38:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,